Hi friends, last sunday I spent a little time making a first draft version of a truly gigantic EVE map.
It’s big. REAL big.
Here is a detail shot:
Now, there is still a few issues with it, namely that many of the systems overlap on the X/Y coordinates (trivia: they are actually the X/Z coordinates you are looking at; EVE is vertical) which I hope to fix next sunday.
You can download the full 20mb version here:
I’ll make a new post when I’ve worked out a new version, enjoy!
- Figure out a way to “spread out” the map a little to reduce overlaps
- Add symbols for things like FW systems, stations, ice belts (after gaining more space)
- Make the 0.5 system yellow a bit darker for the sake of legibility
- Add sights?
- Recalculate all coordinates with Jita at x/y = 0,0 (ALL ROADS LEAD TO JITA)
- Build more tools to generate “on the fly” detail maps for stuff like blog posts
- Make a set of wallpaper sized region maps
- Eventually make the code not godawful to look at and share it on GitHub